1.28.2011

Cheapskate

It's no secret that I'm living the starving student/artist lifestyle and it ain't glamorous, but that doesn't mean I can't buy clothes. Cause everyone knows I buy shit all the time... The trick is to know what you want by looking at magazines and blogs and then scouring thrift stores for items that resemble it! Just remember things you find can always be altered or manipulated. So go out there and try shit on!

Things I bought this week: 

$20
I know i'm vegetarian so wearing fur is kind of a huge contradiction. I just couldn't help myself! I mean seriously a real fur jacket for $20 is unheard of! 

$5  
$15 Wrap dress via F as in Frank
$2 
I'm not a huge fan of this shirt's weird Barbie doll house colour. It closely resembles Pantone's colour of the year, honeysuckle, which I still don't understand. However, I do like the crochet and the way the shirt hangs and for two dollars I couldn't pass this up. So my solution is: fabric dye. I went to Dressew a few days ago and got a little jar of black dye and I'm going to turn this housewife shirt into something a little more edgy and desirable. Just you wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment