1.25.2011

Pattern Obsession: Navajo print

100% cotton, $3/m
Lining, $2/m
Unbleached cotton canvas, $5.99/m
Assorted navajo trim, $.99/m 
close up 
So I skipped school yesterday (whoops!) and went to Dressew instead to buy some fabric dye (a $2 purchase) $30 dollars later I somehow ended up with an assortment of navajo print fabrics! I'm making it my goal this semester to learn how to make more accessories and clothes. I have an awful habit of going to Dressew and buying copious amounts of fabric with the intention of executing a project, but the fabric just ends up sitting in my "to be completed" drawer.


sungmin lj's
unique artist drawing canvas bag by Yoon Hangro & Engrave 

I'm going to start small with a canvas tote project. I want to make really smart, clean, and simple looking tote bags to lug books and art supplies in. I'm thinking a simple unbleached canvas exterior with navajo print lining on the inside. I also might use some of the navajo trim as straps as well. Although I'm also kind of into limited edition silkscreened totes like the one shown above by Yoon Hangro & Engrave. Maybe I'll silkscreen some basic shapes on the exterior or clever little sayings. We'll see what happens. I'll keep you updated!

Here's my collage of the week: 


I know the whole navajo print craze has been gaining momentum for like a year, but whatever I'm still totally into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment